As you may have already heard, we will be installing an Epic update this weekend, which will bring our production environment onto the February 2021 version of the software. Our plan is to install the update early Sunday morning on Dec. 5, during which time downtime procedures will be in place. All other electronic systems should function appropriately.
Providers should see only minor changes when Epic comes back online. Here’s a quick summary of notable additions:
- If a provider chooses not to share a note with a family, they will be prompted to enter a reason for not doing so. This is not punitive—I promise!
- Users will be able to enter ambulatory orders from a new tab in the inpatient Manage Orders activity. Use of the discharge navigator will no longer be required.
- Lab components will be searchable in Chart Search. This will allow users to search for specific lab components rather than the lab order.
- Best practice advisories will have feedback buttons and offer users a chance to comment on their utility.
- Outside lab results imported via Care Everywhere will appear in Chart Review in line with Children’s results.
- More “hover-to-discover” bubbles will be available in a multitude of locations.
Beginning Sunday morning, we will have an active update command center in operation and will have increased resources available for provider support. If you’re having problems, reach out to the Helpdesk (402-955-6700) or let me know. Following this installation, we will move to a twice-per-year update cadence to make sure we are providing you with the most up-to-date patient care tools possible.
Thanks for your flexibility, adaptability and for all you do!