With community spread numbers decreasing and vaccination numbers in our area increasing, Children’s is adjusting more restrictions that have been in place to keep our workforce and patients safe.
Two key things will take effect Monday, June 28:
- Children’s waiting rooms will be reopened to capacity for all locations, including the hospital and Specialty Pediatric Center (SPC) atriums, the cafeteria, the café at Indian Hills and the waiting areas in the SPC and all Children’s Physicians locations. This means that families will no longer be required to wait in their car until a room is ready; they may simply park and enter. Children’s Physicians patients may continue to wait in the car if they are more comfortable doing so.
- Children’s will be lifting all restrictions for meeting rooms, workrooms and elevators. The signage will be removed, and we will return to “normal” capacity for these spaces. In-person meetings are still required to have a virtual option.
REMEMBER, all visitors and staff are STILL required to wear masks in our patient care environments.
Other updates include:
- Screening will continue to occur for both employees and patients. Screening is required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and we will continue to screen as long as it is required.
- Masks are not required when employees travel from their car to a patient care building, but we do encourage you to keep your personal mask handy, just in case no masks are available when you enter the building.
- Business travel restrictions remain in place. Children’s is working on a plan; stay tuned for updates at the end of June.
- At this time, there are no updates to the visitor policy. You can view current visitor policy here.
- The N95 trial period has been completed and we have adequate supply, so please continue to follow the most recent instructions given. You can view them here.