Technically Speaking: Email Forwarding to UNMC
Many of you have already noticed that since the Office 365 upgrade, email forwarding from Children’s to UNMC no longer works the way it used to—at least that’s what the HelpDesk tells me! Unfortunately, this is because UNMC has decided to stop accepting forwarded emails, even when those emails originate from Children’s. But if you know me, you know that I probably wouldn’t be bringing this up in a TechSpeak column if there wasn’t a fix. So let’s get to it:
- Open your web browser of choice (I recommend Google Chrome).
- Navigate to https://www.office.com/.
- Select the orange “sign in” button and enter your Children’s email address (this should be the same as your Children’s network login, with @childrensomaha.org added to the end).
- Select the Outlook icon on the left side of the screen.
- Follow the instructions on the tip sheet.
If you follow this process and are still not receiving redirected Children’s emails in your UNMC inbox, please contact me, stdolter@ChildrensOmaha.org or the Children’s HelpDesk. Thanks for all you do!